When the temperature drops or you start to feel a little under the weather, don’t schlep to the grocery store for soup in a can. Instead whip out a few ingredients and use this super easy chicken soup recipe to make you feel better. Add any vegetables you like and in 20 minutes you’ll have a low calorie chicken soup recipe on which you can count!
- 2 cups of water
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1/2 tsp. chicken broth powder
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- Heat stock pot over medium heat and add diced chicken breast.
- Cook chicken breast for about 3 minutes on each side until is browned and slightly crisp.
- Add water to stock pot and bring to a boil, then add carrots, garlic and peas.
- Stir in chicken broth powder and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, then serve.
|Serving Size 1 bowl|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily|
|Total Fat 4.6g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 1.3g||6%|
|Trans Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.1g||13%|
- 30 minutes of light calisthenics.
- 25 minutes playing golf.
- 13 minutes of rock climbing.
Burn off the calories in 1 serving of chicken soup by: