When you find berries on sale at your local market and you can’t think of what to do with them, this triple berry crunch dessert recipe is a good place to start. Berries are the highlight of this dish that provides you with all the health benefits of berries and a unique sweet flavor. This dish is perfect after a soup dinner on a cool winter’s night. Resist the urge to top this triple berry crunch with ice cream and you’ll feel no guilt about the delicious taste!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp. white sugar
- 1 ½ cups blackberries, fresh
- 1 ½ cups blueberries, fresh
- 1 ½ cups raspberries, fresh
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups butter, unsalted
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Toss berries with sugar, slightly puncturing them and set aside.
- In another bowl add oats, cinnamon, brown sugar, nutmeg and flour.
- Cut in butter until oat mixture is crumbly.
- Press half of crumble mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Cover with berries and sprinkle remaining crumble mixture on top of berries.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown and berries are bubbling.
- Let cool and cut into 18 uniform squares to serve.
|Serving Size 1/18 square|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily|
|Total Fat 16.3g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 9.9g||49%|
|Trans Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 35.6g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
- 37 minutes of skateboarding.
- 33 minutes of singles tennis.
- 25 minutes of beach volleyball.
Burn off the calories in 1 serving of triple berry crunch by:
- Do this: Use whole wheat flour and old fashioned rolled oats.
- The result? 88 calories per serving.