Grandma’s Sunday pot roast recipe has just gotten an updated makeover. No more mixing and chopping vegetables and stirring for hours on end because this pot roast recipe takes just 15 minutes to prep and the oven does all the work for you! With a savory mushroom and onion flavor, this pot roast makes it own succulent gravy while it cooks.
- 3 1/2 lbs. rump roast
- 2 tsp. fresh black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 oz. package dry onion soup mix
- 10.75 oz. cream of mushroom soup
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- In a mixing bowl mix together flour and black pepper.
- Place pot roast in flour mixture and turn until coated. Shake off excess flour.
- Heat butter in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Brown roast on all sides until slightly crisp, about 10 minutes total.
- Transfer to a casserole dish.
- Combine mushroom soup, onion mix and vermouth in a small bowl.
- Pour mixture over roast and cover with top or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 3 hours or until internal temperature reads 165° F.
- Let roast rest for 10 minutes then slice against the grain.
- Serve with vegetables or rice.
|Serving Size 4.5 oz.|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily|
|Total Fat 24.3g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 10.3g||52%|
|Trans Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.8g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||<1%|
- 27 minutes on the stair machine.
- 63 minutes of water aerobics.
- 94 minutes of billiards.
Burn off the calories in 1 serving of juicy oven pot roast by;
- Do this: Use fat free cream of mushroom soup rather than full fat. Replace ½ cup vermouth with ½ cup of dry white wine like Riesling.
- The result? 359 calories per serving.