The next time you’re in the mood for a smoking hot dish that’s not soup, reach for this mushroom beef stroganoff recipe. It’s a simplified version that won’t take all day to make but it tastes so good everyone will swear you did take all day! Serve this dish over egg noodles or brown rice for a complete meal, but keep the calorie count in mind to keep this dish healthy.
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 4 oz. butter
- 4 tbsp. flour, all-purpose
- 2 lbs. beef chuck roast
- 1/2 tsp. each salt & black pepper
- 10.5 oz. beef broth, condensed
- 4 scallions, sliced (whites only)
- 1 tsp. prepared mustard
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 6 oz. canned sliced mushrooms
- Remove excess fat and gristle from chuck roast then cut into strips about ½-inch thick and 2 inches long.
- Season beef strips with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat and cook beef strips until brown.
- Push beef to one side of skillet and add onions.
- Cook onions 4 minutes then push aside with beef.
- Stir in flour and pour in beef broth then bring to a boil, constantly stirring.
- Reduce heat and stir in mustard.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour, or until meat is tender.
- Stir in mushrooms, sour cream and white wine then cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve warm over rice or noodles.
|Serving Size 2/3 cup|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily|
|Total Fat 23g||35%|
|Saturated Fat 12.2g||61%|
|Trans Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.7g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|
- 23 minutes of step aerobics.
- 43 minutes shooting baskets.
- 76 minutes playing billiards.
Burn off the calories in 1 serving of mushroom beef stroganoff by:
- Do this: Use 6 oz. of fresh white mushrooms instead of canned and cook them with onions. Substitute sour cream for fat free sour cream and use a cholesterol free butter substitute instead of butter.
- The result? 249 calories per serving.