Finding the right pumpkin pie recipe is about finding the right flavors without all the fat that sends the calorie count soaring. This pumpkin pie recipe has the perfect amount of spices for a rich flavor and minimal ingredients so you can whip up a pumpkin pie whenever the mood strikes. Be sure to cover the pie crust edges with aluminum foil for the perfect golden brown pie crust.
- 1 deep dish pie crust, 9-inches
- 4 cups cooked pumpkin, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 14 oz. condensed milk, sweetened
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Mix milk, eggs and pumpkin together in a large bowl.
- Add in nutmeg, ginger, salt and cinnamon and whisk until blended.
- Pour mixture into pie crust and spread evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes then reduce heat to 350° F.
- Bake another 30-40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when inserted.
- Let cool 10 minutes then serve.
|Serving Size 1 slice|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily|
|Total Fat 13.1g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 5.6g||28%|
|Trans Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 44.5g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||7%|
- 64 minutes of light weight lifting.
- 29 minutes high impact aerobics.
- 80 minutes of tossing football.
Burn off the calories in 1 slice of spiced pumpkin pie by:
- Do this: Replace condensed milk with 14 oz. whole milk and 1 cup of unpacked brown sugar.
- The result? 205 calories per slice of spiced pumpkin pie.