Making an egg salad doesn’t have to be a boring tasteless thing that you simply endure. By making a few adjustments you can make this deviled egg salad recipe one that you’ll turn to repeatedly for a delicious lunch. Substitute a few ingredients for a low calorie deviled egg salad recipe and you can enjoy this creamy dish while you lose weight.
- 1 celery stalk, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp. scallions, chopped
- ½ tsp. each kosher salt & black pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- Cover eggs in water and boil for 8 minutes.
- Let eggs sit for another 8 minutes then open.
- Separate whites and chop, then place in large bowl with celery and scallions.
- In another bowl combine yolks, mustard, salt, pepper, vinegar and mayo.
- Stir until well blended.
- Place mayo mix on top of egg white mixture and toss until combined.
- Serve on a bed of greens or toasted whole wheat bread.
|Serving Size 1/3 cup|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily|
|Total Fat 19.1g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 4.6g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 29g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||6%|
- 38 minutes of yoga.
- 26 minutes hitting punching bag.
- 56 minutes jumping on a trampoline.
Burn off the calories in 1 serving of deviled egg salad by:
- Do this: Substitute reduced fat mayonnaise for nonfat Greek yogurt.
- The result? 177 calories per serving of deviled egg salad.