When life hands you lemons, why not follow The Lemonade Diet also known as the Master Cleanse and the Maple Syrup Diet. Originally created by the late Stanley Burroughs over half a century ago as a detox and fasting program. It was designed to eliminate toxins and waste products from the body due to “improper diet, lack of exercise and negative mental attitude.”
Its current appeal is for quick weight loss and hyped by celebrities like Beyoncé. You can lose up to 20 pounds in 10 days while boosting your energy levels and looking younger.
The Lemonade Diet calls for ZERO solid foods or supplements. For 4 to 14 days straight you will only drink the special lemonade concoction. You will down 6 or more servings a day with each serving containing:
- 10 ounces of water
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 Tablespoons Grade-B maple syrup (the darker syrup)
- 1/10 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (bring on the heat!)
You have the option to drink a “salt water flush” for breakfast. This potion is a blend of salt (2 tablespoons worth) with one quart of water. Sounds like something Flipper would have.
After you have completed the fasting portion you will then gradually add solid foods back into your meals. Best bets to start back on are vegetable soup, fruit and vegetables.
Definitely will help ease any water retention you may be experiencing!
- An extreme and monotonous diet that is very deficient in calories and all your essential nutrients.
- Plenty of side effects such as headaches, fatigue, dizziness, sluggishness, diarrhea, nausea and constipation.
- There is no need to drink an elixir to help cleanse and detox your body: that’s the job of your liver and kidneys!
- Exercise is NOT a part of the Lemonade Diet plan.
- Most of the weight you lose will be from water and muscle mass thus your metabolism tanks and you become dehydrated.
I know certain religions call for a day of fasting, so this is where you can incorporate the lemonade diet. Fasting for only one day at a time is fine for a healthy individual.
Getting started on The Lemonade Diet is easier than ever, as there are tons of products out there to help you understand and incorporate the diet into your life. Click on any of these products to get more information:
- The Master Cleanser: With Special Needs and Problems
- The Complete Master Cleanse: A Step-by-Step Guide to Maximizing the Benefits of The Lemonade Diet
- The Master Cleanse Experience