Making salmon doesn’t have to be a daunting task when you used this blackened salmon recipe. Made with herbs and spices you’ll find this recipe easy to make and even easier to cook. Serve with steamed or roasted vegetables for a nutritious meal. If you’re concerned about the calorie count, cut the fillets in half.
- 4 salmon fillets, remove skin & bones
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. basil
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1 tbsp. cayenne pepper
- Combine salt, thyme, basil, paprika, oregano, onion powder, cayenne pepper, white pepper and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Brush salmon fillets with melted butter and coat with spice mixture.
- Drizzle salmon with butter again.
- Heat large skillet over high heat and cook 2 to 5 minutes, or until salmon is blackened.
- Turn salmon over, drizzle with more butter and cook until fish can be flaked easily.
|Serving Size 1 salmon filet|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily|
|Total Fat 38.3g||59%|
|Saturated Fat 17.2g||86%|
|Trans Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.5g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
- 34 minutes of running.
- 73 minutes playing golf.
- 43 minutes of rock climbing.
Burn off the calories in 1 serving of spice blackened salmon by doing:
- Do this: Replace butter with 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil. Use olive oil to coat salmon before adding spice mixture.
- The result? 368 calories per serving.