Everyone loves eggs for breakfast and brunch, but scrambled and fried eggs get boring after awhile. When you feel bored with eggs, add a few vegetables and whip up this mushroom and spinach frittata recipe. Spinach is an incredibly healthy vegetable that adds plenty of nutrients to any meal and Portobello mushrooms fill out this frittata recipe so your hunger is satisfied after just one serving!
- 4 large eggs
- 10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed & squeezed dry
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tsp. salt & black pepper
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped finely
- 3/4 cup chopped Portobello mushrooms
- 1 tsp. total thyme, oregano and basil
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Whisk together all ingredients until completely blended.
- Grease a 9-inch pie plate and pour mixture into it.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes until browned and set not dr.
- Cool for 20 minutes then cut into 6 wedges and serve.
|Serving Size 1 slice|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily|
|Total Fat 9.7g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 4.8g||24%|
|Trans Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.1g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||7%|
- 13 minutes of mountain biking.
- 10 minutes playing soccer.
- 21 minutes of kayaking.
Burn off the calories in 1 slice of mushroom & spinach frittata by doing:
- Do this: Use 8 egg whites instead of 4 large eggs and use fat free ricotta instead of part-skim ricotta.
- The result? 126 calories per slice.