One of the most difficult things about lunch is finding low calorie sandwich recipes. Sandwiches are easy to prepare and require very little time, making them the ideal lunch for the busy dieter on the go. The good news is that with sandwich recipes like this chipotle turkey sandwich, you won’t need to worry about what to pair it with because it is a mean on it’s own!
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 onion, sliced thinly
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1/2 lb. deli turkey
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 8 4-inch pieces of focaccia bread
- 1 tsp. adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Preheat a Panini press or heavy skillet.
- Add bacon slices to a deep skillet over medium-high heat and cook until browned, about 8 minutes and drain.
- Add the garlic and onion to the bacon fat and cook until onions are translucent, about 7 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- In a food processor add chipotle peppers, adobo sauce and mayonnaise and run until blended well.
- Spread mayo over focaccia bread and assemble as follows: cheese, turkey, 2 bacon slices and spinach mix.
- Close sandwich and place on Panini press or heavy skillet for about 5 minutes, or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.
|Serving Size 1 sandwich|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily|
|Total Fat 23.2g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 10.7g||53%|
|Trans Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 62.7g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||16%|
- 52 minutes swimming laps slow.
- 191 minutes dusting.
- 64 minutes moderate stationary cycling.
Burn off the calories in 1 chipotle turkey sandwich by:
- Do this: Replace bacon with turkey bacon and substitute fat free mayonnaise for regular mayo. Choose reduced fat deli turkey and replace focaccia with whole wheat sandwich thins.
- The result? 335 calories per sandwich.