When you’re in the mood for a flavorful Italian dish that tastes like it took all day to make, consider this easy yet authentic chicken piccata recipe. This recipe features simple ingredients that you can find at any large supermarket so you won’t have to substitute the authentic ingredients. This chicken piccata recipe has 411 calories so pair it with steamed vegetables for a light meal that doesn’t become a caloric drain!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry white wine, Riesling
- 1 tbsp. grated garlic
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp. capers, drained
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice (about ¾ lemon)
- 1 tsp. sea salt & fresh black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 2 chicken breasts, pounded to ¼-inch thick
- 2 tbsp. butter, unsalted
- 3 tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 lemon slice
- Season flattened chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then dredge them through the flour.
- Add vegetable oil to saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté chicken for 3 minutes on one side, flip then cover for 2 additional minutes.
- Remove from skillet and cover to keep warm.
- Remove excess grease from saucepan and pour in white wine to deglaze.
- Add minced garlic and cook about 2 minutes.
- Stir in capers, lemon juice and broth.
- Place chicken back into pan and cook for 1 minute on each side, or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken to serving platter.
- Add butter to sauce and boil to thicken slightly. Whisk.
- Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with lemon slice and parsley.
|Serving Size 1 breast|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily|
|Total Fat 27.1g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 9.6g||48%|
|Trans Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.4g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|
- 32 minutes of mountain biking.
- 68 minutes of Hatha yoga.
- 34 minutes playing polo.