Looking for a quick and healthy dinner recipe that won’t cost you an entire evening in the kitchen? Consider meals like grandma and Aunt Shirley used to make: those lovely one pot wonders that shouldn’t taste delicious but ultimately taste so good you come back for seconds!
Those one-pot wonders have received the TFLA upgrade so you can enjoy these healthy dinner recipes while you lose weight. Keep reading to find a relaxing way to make your calorie deficit during the week!
The key to creating healthy dinner recipes that your waist will love is to be prepared. Successful weight loss requires you to give a little more thought to what you eat, especially before its time to eat. Scrambling for dinner ingredients is the surest way to create a high-calorie diet buster.
Instead, take an hour at the beginning of each week and plan a few healthy dinner recipes that you can create in one pot. It’ll take the pressure off healthy eating during the week, and give you greater insight on cooking healthy dinner recipes.
When creating healthy dinner recipes in one pot, keep these helpful tips in mind;
- Cut all meat into chunks, leaving it whole risks improper cooking.
- Thaw all meat thoroughly prior to slow cooking.
- A watched pot does not boil…slow cooking does not require supervision or stirring!
- Follow instructions carefully, they help you create healthy dinner recipes that taste good.
Baked Chicken Pastina
1 cup whole wheat pastina (elbow macaroni or smaller)
2 tbsp. olive oil
½ cup chicken breast, chopped
½ onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can diced tomatoes
Salt & pepper
¼ cup grated parmesan
¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
¼ cup parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan over medium heat.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper then add chicken to skillet and cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in onions and garlic, cook 5 minutes.
- Combine chicken mixture with pastina in a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes (with juice), parsley, salt and pepper and stir.
- Mix Parmesan and panko crumbs in small bowl.
- Pour chicken & pastina mixture into 8×8 casserole dish. Cover with panko & parmesan mixture.
- Bake 30 minutes or until top is brown.
Recipe makes 4 servings, 282 calories per serving
This dish is not only figure-friendly, but it is also the perfect way to get lean protein in your diet while satisfying a carb craving! Creating healthy dinner recipes in one pot gives you the opportunity to get enough vegetables and nutrients in your diet without sucking all of your precious free time. Use boneless skinless chicken breast and whole wheat pasta to create extra lean healthy dinner recipes any night of the week!
Asian Winter Stew (Slow cooker recipe)
1 Butternut squash, peeled and chopped
4 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
10 oz. shitake mushrooms
1 bunch scallions, chopped
1 ½ cups water
2 cans coconut milk
2 tbsp. soy sauce (less sodium)
2 tsp. sambal (Asian garlic & chili paste)
½ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
- Add squash, potatoes, mushrooms and scallion whites to slow cooker and stir.
- Whisk together coconut milk, water, sambal and soy sauce together.
- Pour over vegetables, cover.
- Cook on high until tender, about 4 hours.
- Garnish each bowl with cilantro and scallion greens.
Recipe makes 6 servings, 327 calories per serving.
Now that you’re armed with a few healthy dinner recipes, find out how to burn more by reading our Fat Burning Furnace review!