The Fast Food Diet Review

VN:RO [1.9.17_1161]
  • Tweet
  • Pin It


Cardiologist Stephen Sinatra came up with The Fast Food diet plan because in the real world many people are eating on the run and eat fast food meals frequently. He wants to show how people can eat healthier in fast food joints and lose weight at the same time.

By following his 80/20 rule, where you eat healthy 80% of the time and splurge on unhealthier foods with the other 20%. By carefully choosing fast food menu items and walking 1 mile a day you can lose up to 1 pound per week. Over the course of a year, Sinatra claims you could lose up to 50 pounds while following his diet plan.

How Do I Follow It?

While following this 6-week guide, women will have a calorie allowance of 1,500 calories per day and men are allowed 1,800 calories per day. Fried foods and soda are not allowed on this diet, thus fried skins should be removed before eating. 80% of the time you will eat lean meats, low-fat dairy, whole grains, healthy fats, veggies and fruit. The other 20% of your food consumption can come from healthy fast food choices. Sinatra gives you various tips when eating out like passing on the fries, choosing roast beef, and easing up on the cheese. Sample fast food choices while on this diet include:

  • Subway’s Veggie Delite Sub
  • Pizza Hut’s Thin ‘N Crispy Pizza
  • Panda Express’ String Beans with Fried Tofu
  • Taco Bell’s Ranchero Chicken Soft Taco
  • McDonald’s Premium Grilled Chicken Classic
  • Jamba Juice’s Tropical Awakening
  • Burger King’s Original Whopper Junior
  • Wendy’s Mandarin Chicken Salad
  • Dunkin’ Donuts’ Multi-Grain Bagel with Low Fat Cream Cheese
  • Applebee’s* Grilled Tilapia with Mango Sauce. 

*Applebee’s does have a less than 550 calorie menu and assigns weight watcher points to their meals.


Book gives tips for sit down restaurants, airports and convenience stores along with guides for kids, the business traveler, holidays and vegetarians. Lastly, the author gives simple recipes to make for busy people.


The author claims that shaving 250 calories from your diet and walking 1 mile a day will give you a 500-calorie per day deficit leading to a pound a week in weight loss. Unless you weigh over 500 pounds, you are not going to burn off 250 calories by walking 1 mile. A 150-pound person will burn approximately 100 calories per mile. Another problem with this diet is it may be difficult to meet the USDA Dietary Guidelines for healthy eating and supports the intake of fast foods which can still have unhealthy ingredients in spite of the choices you made. Finally, the author only promotes walking for exercise and does not talk about maintaining your weight once you have reached your goal.

Does "The Fast Food Diet" Work?

A diet for busy people and anyone else who frequently eat at fast food restaurants. This diet is the fast food addicts’ survival guide.

Where To Buy "The Fast Food Diet"?

If you want to lose weight but simply can't give up your fast food addiction, then you might be a good candidate for The Fast Food Diet. Click HERE to get your copy today!