The theory behind the Beyond Diet is simple, it all comes down to food choices. More than the number of calories you consume or burn and more than your regular level of physical activity, Isabel De Los Rios indicates that the foods you choose to eat are responsible for your weight gain and/or your inability to achieve your fat loss goals.
There are 3 things you need to know in order to eat better and healthier for weight loss.
- Know which foods increase fat burning
- Know which foods that can prevent fat burning, and finally
- Learn how to put foods together that will give you maximum fat burning potential
Sugar is your enemy, but not just junk food sugars but those foods masking themselves as health foods. This doesn’t mean you have to give up carbs, but just knowing which carbs to eat to help your body function.
Impossible to burn fat if you don’t know what kinds of fat you should be eating. There are good fats and bad fats, and knowing which ones are good can help you increase your metabolic process which means MORE FAT BURNING!
The first step of this lifestyle program is for you to complete a questionnaire so that you can find out your metabolic type. Based on your metabolic type you will be given a list of foods that you should be eating for weight loss and good health.
Then there is the calorie calculator that will help you figure out which foods you should be eating daily. Since this program does not focus on calories, it is more important that you focus on serving sizes rather that calorie counts.
Following the Beyond Diet program is simple because it doesn’t require you to (technically) eliminate specific foods to follow it. It does however provide a list of foods you should eat and those you should avoid.
Carbs you should be eating include: rice, spelt, sprouted grains, millet, quinoa, sweet potatoes, fruits and vegetables.
Carbohydrates you should avoid on the Beyond Diet program include whole wheat breads and pasta, granola
Fats you should avoid in your diet include canola & vegetable oils, margarine, fake butter or butter substitutes and hydrogenated oils just to name a few.
There are good fats that you need in order to help you burn fat, and those are the ones you should make sure go into your diet. They are: real butter, eggs, coconut & olive oils, raw nuts and avocados.
Avoid process foods that are full of sugar and chemicals that prevent your body from burning fat, which is essential to fat loss. Stay away from foods with artificial sweeteners, high fructose corn syrup, processed soy products that make your liver have to work overtime to process them. Read the nutrition labels so that you know exactly what is in your food, which can help you learn which foods you need to avoid.
Whole, natural foods that have just 1 ingredient are what you should be eating.
- Isabel’s focus on finding foods you enjoy within the healthy, whole foods category in order to help you lose and maintain weight loss. This is very helpful because suffering through every meal simply will not last very long.
- Whole foods without chemicals can lead to improved health and energy, which can help you reach your weight loss goals.
- Recipe guides and meal plans will help you learn for yourself what it means to eat and cook healthy meals for weight loss.
- Focusing on what you eat and paying attention to the ingredients will make you healthier, which is essential for healthy and long-lasting weight loss.
- The huge community available in the Beyond Diet program can provide moral support and other tips to help dieters reach their goals. Having a support system to help you through plateaus, set backs and cravings will allow you to get over them easier and continue.
- Consistently says calories don’t matter for fat loss, but even healthy foods have calories and eating too many of them can lead to weight gain.
- Organic foods, which are free of chemicals can be quite costly, in addition to the cost of the program.
- The focus on exercises is minimal, and the recommendations available will cost you more.
Since this weight loss program is more of a lifestyle overhaul, it will certainly lead to weight loss if you stick to the guidelines. Even if you can’t afford to strictly eat organic foods, making sure that you eat whole foods without lots of additional chemicals will make you feel better, and put you closer to reaching your own fat loss goals.
By watching what you eat you will begin to burn fat quickly and therefore lose weight. When you combine this healthy lifestyle with regular physical activity you will notice the numbers on your scale go down week to week.
Beyond Diet program costs $47 which includes access to the BD community. When you join the Beyond Diet community you will get access to all the features that come with membership including:
- 60 days of versatile meal plans
- A quick start guide to help get you started
- Access to a community of thousands, including Isabel, to offer you support
- Shopping lists with specific food items for your metabolic type
- A guide of the top 10 nutrition mistakes so that you can avoid them.
- Recipe guide so you can make your own healthy meals to fit your metabolic type.